Have grenades, will travel
|Quotation||"Better to fight for something than live for nothing."|
|First Appearance||Miss America #181, 1969|
|Real Name||Hilary Watson|
|Team Affiliation||Fume Troopers|
|Base Of Operations||Earth|
|Range Of Operations||Global|
|Height||168 cm (5' 6")||Hair||Brown|
|Weight||52 kg (115 lbs)||Eyes||Brown|
When in civilian attire, Miasma is a fit, attractive woman with brown skin and close-cropped brown hair. However, few people outside of her Fume Troopers have seen her in civilian attire. When on a mission, Miasma wears a PVC trenchcoat over a close-fitting black jumpsuit, combat boots, gloves, full-face gas mask, and a wig of long, curly red hair, thus completely concealing her Black Canadian heritage.
|Power Level 4|
|Plot Points: 1|
|Character Points Spent: 50|
|Unspent Experience: 0|
- Close Combat (+)
- Manipulation (+)
- Ranged Combat (+)
- Master Plan
- Minions (see Miasma Fume Trooper)
- Team Player
- Free action; Special goggles in gas mask
- Damage Resistance
- Constant; Body armor and trenchcoat
- Environmental Immunity
- Constant; Trenchcoat and gas mask
- Standard action; Assault rifle w/ grenade launcher
- Explosive Blast
- Standard action; Fragmentation grenade
- Explosive Seeking Blast
- Standard action; Knockout gas grenade (Stunning)
- Standard action; Smoke grenade
- Standard action; Flash grenade
- Ultra-power: Grenades
- Great Darkness
- Standard action; 100 m radius
- Mass Dazzle
- Standard action; 10 m radius
- Environmental Control
- Standard action
- Standard action
- Radio (PL 2)
- Military Jet
- Damage Resistance (PL): 6, Endurance: 12, Top Speed: 1,600 km/h
- Military Helicopter
- Damage Resistance (PL): 8, Endurance: 12, Top Speed: 480 km/h
- SWAT Van
- Damage Resistance (PL): 8, Endurance: 9, Top Speed: 180 km/h
- Go-fast Boat
- Damage Resistance (PL): 5, Endurance: 7, Top Speed: 150 km/h
|Base Move||Double Move||All-out Move|
|Run||7 m||14 m||42 m (25 km/h)|
|Swim||3 m||6 m||18 m (11 km/h)|
Miasma is cool, tough, and professional, but she sometimes can't help taunting posthumans whom she has outfought or outsmarted.
- The character seeks to personify the ideal of something, whether a culture, nationality, social class, or profession.
- The character seeks revenge for some past wrong done to them or their loved ones.
- Miasma is considered an international terrorist by the USA, and a criminal by Canada and most European countries.
The woman now known as Miasma was once a respected member of Joint Task Force 2, the elite special operations force of the Canadian Armed Forces. After being made the scapegoat for a successful mission that became a public relations embarrassment for the Canadian government, she was found guilty at her court-martial, stripped of her rank, and discharged from the military. Shortly afterward, a mercenary calling herself Miasma began offering her services to anyone who could meet her price. Favoring non-lethal munitions and gas grenades, Miasma and her Fume Troopers have established themselves as professionals who can get the job done quickly and efficiently, even in the face of posthuman opposition.
Powers and Abilities
Miasma is merely human, but she is a skilled combatant with the best military training, and she is an expert strategist. This is why she has expertise, which is extremely rare for villains and NPCs: Miasma is a human being who takes on posthumans and wins. Miasma also has access to cutting-edge personal armor and weaponry. The ballistic armor in her jumpsuit provides protection against most small arms, while her trenchcoat is resistant to most corrosives. Her gas mask allows her to breathe in any atmosphere which contains sufficient oxygen, and protects her from a wide spectrum of toxins and contaminants.
While she and her Fume Troopers carry firearms, they generally use grenades against posthumans. Among their preferred weapons are incendiary grenades, fragmentation grenades, CS gas grenades, knockout gas grenades, and "flash-bang" grenades.
Attributes 24 + Skills 10 + Gifts 7 + Powers 9 = 50 / 50